Christian Reflections blog
Mirrors 9th Februrary 2018
- Do we need a video like this for "Am I running a church or parachurch?"
- Churches: support fewer missionaries at a higher amount. It builds relationship and accountability, frees up their time from visiting heaps of churches so they can focus on the work says Mark Dever. Of course this means that the missionary is more vulnerable if you pull your support.
- Mark Dever on the reality of privilege, the sins of past Christians and much more
- Great warning not to assume the only moral vote is a single issue vote... and how the black community has learned that historically. Starts around 15mins
- A good analogy for silly science over-reaching about ethics and religion. If your science says The Beatles are average, maybe you're science if wrong?
- Lots of intriguing stuff from @MarkDever on discipling. Pastors explain people need to work around our schedules sometimes and forgive our unavailability. Look for both hungry and teachable people. Curiously: Dever says paid staff shouldn't do 1:1 during work hours. Rathey they should model it as a part of ordinary Christian life. Also curious: Dever invites people he'd like to disciple to come and 'hang out and read a book in my study' why he's working on a message, so that they can chat during mental breaks.
- ""The Christianity Richard Dawkins objects to is the Christianity a smart 13 year old boy objects to." Jordan B Peterson
Posted: 9 February 2018
Mikey Lynch is one of the directors of Geneva Push and regularly sharing his thoughts here on this Christian Reflections blog.
Support Christian Reflections
You can give to Mikey's ministry through the AFES website.
- Crossroads Presbyterian Church
- Ministry Training Strategy
- University Fellowship of Christians
- The Vision 100 Network
If you're looking for posts prior to November 2009; you can find them at my Blogger site