"I've spent 15 years trying to deal with the disasters that come for the employer or the employee when people haven't got this right." Al Stewart joins Scott Sanders and Madeleine Galea on The One Thing podcast to discuss how to avoid hiring the wrong person in your church.
“I’ve spent 15 years trying to deal with the disasters that come for the employer or the employee when people haven’t got this right.” Al Stewart joins Scott Sanders and Madeleine Galea on The One Thing podcast to discuss how to avoid hiring the wrong person in your church.
- Do the reference checks
- Create a clear job description
- Understand the level of supervision required
- Work for your staff
- Hire multipliers
- Contrarian’s Guide To Leadership book: https://www.amazon.com.au/Contrarians-Guide-Leadership-Warren-Bennis-ebook/dp/B001JEPKPQ
- Other episodes on church staffing on The One Thing: Eps 143-145 https://genevapush.com/theonething/episode-143-church-staffing-for-2021/
- Other episodes of The One Thing with Al Stewart: Ep 106 about preaching at Easter, that is pretty cross-applicable to preaching this Christmas: https://genevapush.com/theonething/episode-106-preaching-easter-online/
- Extended interview with Al Stewart on his life of ministry and what he’s learnt, part of the Reach Australia podcast: https://anchor.fm/reach-australia/episodes/On-Leadership-With-Al-Stewart-efocso
- Leadership Pipeline book: https://www.amazon.com.au/Leadership-Pipeline-Powered-Company-non-Franchise-ebook/dp/B004BA5776/ref=sr_1_1?crid=1JU3K6EKVWFGS&dchild=1&keywords=leadership+pipeline&qid=1605750308&s=digital-text&sprefix=leadership+pip%2Cdigital-text%2C310&sr=1-1